Repeat prescriptions can be requested by:
- Posting or bringing in your computer generated repeat slip to us, clearly marking the items you require
- By e-mailing email@example.com
- By Using SystmOnline via the link at the top of this page.
We are unable to accept requests over the telephone as this can lead to dangerous mistakes
Please allow two working days for us to process your request.
If you wish to collect your prescription from a pharmacy please indicate which pharmacy you use.
Electronic Prescribing Service
This practice is set up for the electronic prescription service.
This means that for most patients we can send your prescription to your chosen chemist directly saving you having to come down to the surgery.
To get your prescription sent to your chosen pharmacy you will have to ask reception to sign up.
For more information please click here
We will ask you to attend to have your medication reviewed from time to time. If you fail to attend for review we may not be able to issue your medication
Not Registered for Online Services?
Request Repeat Presciption
If you are unable to order your repeat prescriptions online (see link below) Then please place your request in writing and you can email it firstname.lastname@example.org or by dropping it through the door.
Help with NHS costs
In England, around 90% of prescription items are dispensed free. This includes exemptions from charging for those on low incomes, such as:
- those on specific benefits or through the NHS Low Income Scheme
- those who are age exempt
- those with certain medical conditions
- More information is available at NHS Choices
These charges apply in England only. In Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales prescriptions are free of charge.
- Prescription (per item): £9.15
- 12-month prepayment certificate (PPC): £105.90
- 3-month PPC: £29.65
If you will have to pay for four or more prescription items in three months or more than 14 items in 12 months, you may find it cheaper to buy a PPC.
- Telephone advice and order line 0845 850 0030
- General Public - Buy or Renew a PPC On-line
There is further information about prescription exemptions and fees on the NHS website.