Unfortunately we no longer offer a smoking cessation support service at the surgery.
Please find listed below contact telephone numbers for further help and information.
Local Cambridgeshire stop smoking service
0800 018 4304
NHS smoking helpline
0800 169 0 169
Tesco Chemist (pharmacist advice)
Boots Chemist (pharmacist advice)
Smoking the facts
Cigarette smoking is the greatest single cause of illness and premature death in the UK.
What are the benefits of stopping smoking?
The benefits of stopping smoking will begin straightway. You reduce your risk of getting serious disease no matter what age you give up. However, the sooner you stop smoking, the greater the reduction in your risk.
Other benefits of stopping smoking include the following:
1. Breathing improves
2. Chest infections and colds become less frequent
3. Reduction is smoker’s cough
4. The smell of stale tobacco on clothes, hair and breath, and face goes.
5. Food and drinks taste and smell better
6. Finances improve immediately
7. You are likely to feel good about your self